Located on the corner of 5th and Arch Streets, the Free Quaker Meeting House is an 18th century structure with a story to tell about non-conformists, the intersection of religion and politics, and the power of community.
The Betsy Ross House, the birthplace of the American flag, is alive with the sights and sounds of the 18th century. The well-known and loved story of Betsy Ross sewing the first Stars & Stripes is tightly woven into the colorful fabric of Americas rich history.
No visit to Independence Hall is complete without walking down the block to the site where Thomas Jefferson resided and drafted the Declaration. Thomas Jefferson resided at this site while drafting the Declaration of Independence.
Franklin Court is complex of museums, structures, and historic sites within Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is located at the site which American Patriot Benjamin Franklin had his Philadelphia residence.
Old City Hall located at Chestnut Street at 5th Street in the Independence Hall complex of Independence National Historical Park in Center City, Philadelphia, was built in 1790–91 in the Federal style.
Chief Tamanend stands atop a turtle while an eagle with a wampum belt in its grasp is perched on his shoulder. The turtle symbolized Mother Earth and the eagle represented a messenger of the Great Spirit.
Step into the 18th century in this exquisitely restored 1769 B&B. On the National Historic Register of Historic Places, this certified historic restoration Bed and Breakfast is the only lodging located in Philadelphia.
Old St. Josephs Church founded in 1733 is the oldest Roman Catholic church in Philadelphia. To get to Old St. Josephs Church one walks down tiny Willings Alley and passes under a narrow arch with iron gates.
The Merchants Exchange buildings interior is not open to visitors. However, its exterior detail is readily accessible to pedestrians visiting the Historic District. The Exchange building is located on the northeast corner of 3rd and Walnut streets.
The Powel House is a historic house museum located at 244 South 3rd Street, between Willings Alley and Spruce Street, in the Society Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Built in 1765 in the Georgian style.
Tomb of the Unknown Solider of the American Revolution
The Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary War Soldier, sometimes referred to as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution, is a war memorial located within Washington Square in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Snuggled behind the east wing of Independence Hall is the American Philosophical Society Museum, a brick building erected in the late 1780s. This served our nations first museum, national library and academy of science.
The Second Bank of the United States, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was the second federally authorized Hamiltonian national bank in the United States during its 20-year charter from February 1816 to January 1836.
ndependence Hall is the building where both the United States Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and adopted. It is now the centerpiece of the Independence National Historical Park.
Carpenters' Hall is a treasure in historic Philadelphia. It hosted the First Continental Congress in 1774 and was home to Franklin's Library Company, The American Philosophical Society, and the First and Second Banks of the United States.
At Christ Church, Absalom Jones, the nation's first black priest, received his ordination, a school was created to educate slaves and over 25% of Philadelphia's free and enslaved Africans were baptized.